P

P

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pre-Cath. Jitters

Children's decided I had suffered long enough waiting on them to schedule Caroline's heart cath.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not excited about it.  It just took forever.  Each day I grow a little more anxious about handing her over again, even for such a "routine" procedure.  The date is set for Tuesday the 17th. We are fortunate to be the first case of the day, so Chunk won't go very long without eating.  Let's just say she turns into a total "Princess" when she is hungry.  It seems our luck has run out in regards to keeping everyone in this tiny apartment healthy. Parker has just today come down with what we are calling a cold of some sort.  Please pray that Caroline stays healthy.  We need her strong and funk free for her catheterization.  Monday we have lab work...poor baby hasn't had to be stuck with anything since we left the hospital.  I guess you could say I'm nervous about that, too.  There is something unsettling about holding a visibly upset baby while someone causes them pain.  No matter that it truly is for her own good, she is old enough now to understand that Mama makes things better.  I am worried that she won't trust me after this ordeal, or worse, I won't be able to stand her so upset.  I can imagine her little eyes looking at me screaming "why are you letting them do this to me?"  
We have been packing our things in preparation for our Memorial Day move.  All I can say is that we have accumulated a lot of stuff in this tiny space.  Moving just adds another straw to the camels back.  It is necessary, it just may get done half-assed or in a hurry...we have bigger things to deal with.  Depending on the results from the cath., we may be back at Children's for Caroline's Glenn procedure at the very same time we are moving.  This presents more problems, like where we will stay after we are discharged from the hospital.  It is a three hour drive (depending on this wonderful DC traffic) to our new place.  These are all things we never had to think about before because our apartment is so close to CNMC.  
Parker keeps us motivated to get to our new place.  Everyone he meets gets to hear about his new back yard and all the cool things he is going to have to play outside.  I'll have to admit, I'm ready.  And it keeps the light bright at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment