Friday, April 3, 2015
Unsettled at home
We were sent home yesterday! After having labs and Caroline's potassium levels increased and a ECHO that showed a good circulation...we waited for over 3 hours to get word that her chest X-ray (done after the second drainage tube was pulled) showed no change from the previous one done the day before. The nurse practitioners and I decided that I could do exactly the same thing for her at home as in the hospital. We increased the diuretics for take home and added a potassium supplement to prevent the rhythm issues that happened earlier in the week. If she stays asymptomatic, I will take her back to the hospital for a surgical post op visit on Wednesday. So, we're praying for PEE!!! A lot of it. We need her lungs to clear up and the fluid around them to dissipate. I have been warned that we may be readmitted at our visit Wednesday if she looks worse. I also have a laundry list of signs to look for in case she needs to be taken in sooner. So far, she's doing great (as far as I can tell)!