P

P

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Parker is 3!

I am the world's worst procrastinator.  I really am trying to get better, but it just seems like every little thing is against me getting things done.  I purchased these cool Mickey Mouse invitations for Parker's 3rd Birthday this year.  For the first time in his short life, we are at a place where he can have other kids over for a party, so I wanted to have a "theme" and do it right.  Ha!  I have 2 full packages of invites...unused.  Anyone need them?  Anyway, dispite my epic fail, we had a great party.  Icing Smiles is a not for profit organization that ensures children with serious medical conditions (and their siblings) get a special cake for their occasion.  Through Icing Smiles, we recieved a fantastic Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake from a small company here in Chesapeake called Cakes by Angelique.  She was great, and I'm sure we'll be throwing business her way in the near future.  Parker had 4 friends over and Aunt Brette spent the day jockeying small children around to keep them busy.  Parker has seen Yo Gabba Gabba once in his life (and quite frankly, that was enough) but he chose the green "monster guy" for his pinata.  Looking back, maybe it wasn't such a great idea to give a pre-schooler a baseball bat and have him wack something until candy came out...  But that being said, he had a great time playing with his friends and he really enjoyed the spotlight of his special day. 



2 comments:

  1. Hey maybe Ms. Caroline will like Mickey! Look at both those precious babies, what absolute gorgeous smiles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO beautiful to see your family having such fun. I think of you all often!

    ReplyDelete