P

P

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

One year...no way.

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars."  Khalil Gibran


The 14th of September marks one year since we found out about the special heart Caroline was to be born with.  I remember the day well.  The day that my fight began.  It has been an eventful few months in the CHD community, and as I have watched the ebb and flow of these extraordinary creatures, I once again stand in awe of how strong they truly are.  There are babies fighting for their lives as I type this.  As I type this in my comfy home, down the hall from my sleeping half hearted monster and her brother, there are parents praying for more time with their little ones.  I realize the obstacles that Caroline has overcome are significant.  I am constantly reminded of how fortunate we are. 
If I could go back in time and write myself a little note, it would go something like this: 

Relax.  Hold your husband's hand.  Have HOPE.  Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.  Every baby is different, so is every heart.  Listen to your Doctor, and then go get a second opinion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment