P

P

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Update on the Little Miss

Caroline was admitted to Portsmouth Naval Tuesday afternoon with a yucky stomach bug. Parker had it first, and 3 days later (when, of course we considered ourselves "in the clear") she starts throwing up. After about 8 hours of being able to keep nothing down, she became a little lethargic...which scared me. So I start paging doctors. Her Cardiologist said to bring her in, and to the ER we came. No one could start an IV on the Princess, (and I would only let them try twice)...not even the PICU nurses. So we went the slower, less intrusive route of trial and error. I still can't believe we're at the hospital, admitted, and as of this point (having already spent the night) still unsure of when they'll let us escape. For a stomach flu?! Yes. And I'd better get used to it. HLHS is no joke.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you guys are in the hospital. But, like you said, HLHS is no joke- and better safe then sorry with our special hearts, right?
    Keeping Caroline in our thoughts and prayers that she feels better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know I"m thinking of Caroline today and checking into your blog. I hope Caroline is feeling better. I wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving. I have you all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete