P

P

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Our little "rockstar"

I have noticed more nurses and doctors calling Caroline a rockstar. I finally asked what the name was all about and apparently that is what they call the kids doing well and progressing. We are cautiously optimistic about the next few days here in the CICU. She had one of the common atrial lines taken out today, she is off the high flow oxygen, and will start mouth feeds bright and early in the morning (if I have anything to say about it).
While I have one child fighting for her life in the hospital, my other one is trying to win the 'who can get sick the most' trophy. His cold and fever turned into stomach virus and fever. I haven't been able to see him in a few days and I would really like to love on him. Matthew told me that they watched the movie "Where the Wild Things Are" and at the end, (when the little boy runs home to his Mama) he asked where his Mama was. That just breaks my heart. He is being taken care of, and that is really all I could ask for.

1 comment:

  1. Oh our lil' "rockstar" Caroline a message like this makes me want to dance! Praise the Lord you are a Parker fighter!

    ReplyDelete