P

P

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tomorrow is the big day...

I can't believe that she's finally here...and now it's time for her to fight for her life. It doesn't seem fair to have to make a decision like that. With another persons life hanging in the balance. Matthew and I have spent the day holding Caroline. I, of course, am an emotional basketcase. I have tried to memorize her smell and each of her silly faces. I have enjoyed changing diapers more than any sane person should. All in preparation of sending her off bright and early to begin her heart journey. She looks so perfect sleeping in my arms that I want to take her and run out of this place. I know that this surgery is necessary to save her life, I just wish there were some guarantee that things will go as planned.
So, those of you that have babies...go give them a hug and a kiss, and lets all thank God for giving us just one more day.

4 comments:

  1. Happy you could spend the day treasuring one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. Caroline has a large cheering section. Praying that all proceeds as planned tomorrow and for a speedy recovery. Heart hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All our prayers coming your way that things go as planned tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious angel, God be with you all.Sending lots of love, hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete