P

P

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Anything Else?

Like most heart parents, I have gotten used to the constant appointment schedule and always doing something, with somewhere to go.  Today, I was extra anxious about our Cardiology appointment because Caroline's second surgery (the Glenn) is looming in our not so distant future.  We got two thumbs up for the heart catheterization, to be scheduled as soon as Children's National calls.  As complex as her heart situation is, we have never experienced a glitch in progress or care...until now.  The Cardiologist saw some mild leaking of the tricuspid valve during her echo and perscribed enalapril to correct it.  Please pray that it does it's job, and she has no further decrease in heart function.  Hopefully, after the Glenn she won't need to continue to take the additional medication.  *I don't want any online flogging from other heart Mama's out there thinking "what's the big deal?"  It's a big deal to me. *

The D.C. Duncan's are quickly approaching a move to the Norfolk area.  Because we'll be living in the suburbs, we just got a new car.  Yeah.  I said new.  I'm excited, but my husband would go down and sleep in it at night if he thought he could get away with it.  Matthew has to be in Rhode Island by June 6th, so we have a big month ahead of us.

To give everyone an update on Parker (because so much of the time I feel like he is overlooked in the magnatude of his sister's needs), he is really excited about having a back yard.  That was one of the biggest requirements when we were looking for a house...the yard.  We talk about how amazing it is going to be every night before we go to sleep.  He is almost ready to wear "big boy" underwear.  Potty training is every bit as hard as everyone has made it sound. 


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a big boy he is getting to be! I wished we could see you all but this pollen is hard enough on a "well" person. Lauren if there's any help we can give you with Parker during the summer, just let us know! Precious lil' Caroline, may the Lord keep you in his hands. She is soo beautiful!
    Oh and I don't blame Matthew...GREAT CAR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you'll be moving away but glad to hear the little one is getting so strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the new meds are doing there job. Your new ride is gorgeous, and I know exactly how relieved you'll be to stretch out in a new home. What is the timeline for the Glenn? We continue to pray for little Caroline.

    ReplyDelete