P

P

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Reminder

I have always been a fan of the expression, "when it rains, it pours".  Referring to my weeks of Doctors visits, it stands true and seems to all happen at once.  I am getting used to the drive to Bethesda (the National Naval Medical Center, or NNMC).  With these gas prices, we're going to have to start making consolidated trips.  I just hate sitting around in a medical treatment facility, where any one person could infect either one of my children.  Our most recent trip (Wednesday) to the Cardiologist was uneventful, and we began talking about when Caroline would be ready for the next stage.  While we were at NNMC, I finalized some paperwork for the Exceptional Family Member Program.  This program enables us to stay within a certain area of a hospital capable of taking care of the Princess.  So, the Navy can't send us anywhere exotic, and we will probably end up not going overseas.  The Cardiologist had to fill out parts of the EFMP paperwork (to determine the level we would be assigned) and when I read over the "prognosis" part, it hit me like a ton of bricks...again.  I wasn't surprised, but the 80% five year survival part is really hard for me to swallow.  They told us these statistics in the beginning, but the reminder still stings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment