P

P

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Norwood...check.

They let us in to see Caroline at 3. After an anxious 7 hour wait, the surgeon came in to tell us everything went well and as planned. Parker came to visit, so it helped me to keep my mind (and my body) busy while we waited. When we were brought back into the CICU, all the new tubes, wires, machines and medicines  were very intimidating. Hopefully, she won't be needing this stuff for very long. The doctors keep saying how critical the first 24 to 48 hours are. Keep sending prayers for a speedy recovery. She's still beautiful...just not as pink.

7 comments:

  1. Oh you precious, precious Angel. You are in our minds, thoughts, prayers, hearts, all throughout our bodies! Sending lots of love, Fess, jr., Chelsea, Fess, and JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren and Matt- I am praying for you and Caroline. Praying that God comforts and heals Caroline, gives you the strength to be there for her, and gives the doctors and nurses the necessary tools to give her the best care possible. Michael, James Marsh and I were just talking about you- what great people you are. Caroline and Parker are lucky to have you as parents. I wish we could help in some way, but all I know to do is pray. So praying is what I will continue to do. Stay strong!

    Love, Ashley Welgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the countdown of the hours wait. It is grueling. Let her know you're there, love her and are fighting with her. She's one tough cookie - one adorable tough cookie. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad this hurdle has been crossed! Praise God! Praying for you all tonight - I know how rough the first 24-48 can be. Bodie had a pretty rough first 24 post-Norwood, but did just fine anyway. Hang in there! Heart hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad the procedure is over and she can get started on healing. Patrick and I are praying for you all and hoping for a smooth recovery from this stage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am sorry you need to see her like that. it is very scary and i hated it the most. just keep talking to her and holding her hand through it all. i am glad you posted a picture so people know how hard it is and what you are dealing with. thinking of you - katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren, I hope Caroline is progressing well. Hoping to see a positive update soon. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete